Friday 6 May 2016

The phantom delight hangs no more!

O, bemused mystery of wonder!
You are the silver chain of fancy
And evening mentor of joys high!
And happy boon at noon
Or midnight’s roaring void
And wintery smile in moon?
Or perennial source of ecstasy
Or eternal source of sigh? 
Your stately presence baffles me!

Behold! how flower sings
And shinning dew drops fall
Past my eyes the young sun beats
Far from earth on heaven’s call!
My life beats like ball of fire
And memories whirl me back
Where profound light lacks
To shape in a gentle form--
A form that truly wrings.

When the warm blood lurked
Into my vessels sputtering and spitting
Like tinted drops from top to bottom,
Life sensed a disjunct frenzy in crowd.

A holy spring sprang into my vision
And blessed gently every fabric of numb soul, hence,
Desert turned into a flamed lamp.
And vanished quickly the illusion elf
Ere I woke up in a blossomed sense!
The phantom delight hangs no more!

You have tolled me back from death to life
And poured forth nectar in my bosom.
Where are you my waking dream?
In the next valley glades?
Ah, you are forlorn!

Heavy heavens lower on me
And chained prisoners chase
This drowsy frame breaks.
How soon fancy fades away
In deep valleys—far, far, away, away!
Hark! This sweet feeble voice…..
Wasn't it the same murmuring music
Just past, is now no more?

Adieu, adieu you vision!
Adieu, adieu you elf!
You are a fancy of fugitive mirth.
Days and nights are eternal
On limitless horizon and deathless earth.

Your presence lingers in my entangled memory
Like a meaningful moment of past.
And how enchanting were you
Even for a short while!
Oh, the memory of what had been
No more for ever shall be!
                                           © Written by Manoj Kumar Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment